It has to be a short one today. It just has to be a short one. No, that's not what she said. I'm talking about today's blog. I've written way too much today already. Luckily, I don't really have much to write about today. I was awake way too late last night cleaning, and the motivation to do anything besides sleep right now won't be helped by the lunch I just ate.
I was struck with, well, somewhat of an epiphany this morning. I was on my way to the bathroom, and I was thinking how I could be more productive (not just at work -- I mean as a whole). I use that internet thingy alot, for work, for communication, for fun. I was thinking that it would be great if someday there was a "device" that allowed one to just sit anywhere and type. I was thinking along the lines of a virtual keyboard, where there's just a display of a keyboard projected onto, say, a table, and then as you "type", it tracks your finger movements and knows what you're "typing" (they make these aready). Couple this with, say, a small wireless device that fits in your pocket, as well as some sort of display built into a set of glasses for you to view what you're typing (they make viewable glasses already also). I don't know if I've suitably explained this, but I'm thinking like a zero-footprint device. Something that you'd never have to "take out of a bag". Something that you wouldn't have to "take off" when you're done (like something mounthing to your glasses frame). And essentially, basically being able to type anywhere you wanted, say maybe a plate full of spaghetti. Not only would that be the ultimate in geek, but can you imagine how confused people would be when they just see you touching your spaghetti with all your fingers and thumbs? Quality. I just envision everyone doing it one day, like the time when Costanza sees Morgan(?) eating a candy bar with a knife and fork, and then makes it catch on all over town. Diners full of people typing in their spaghetti. Nice.
I usually solve alot of problems either on the way to or from the bathroom, or when I'm inside the bathroom. My mind just wanders, and something clicks. Maybe I'm also a good designer/architect at the same time. We'll see if a device like this ever catches on. I'm all for handy wireless gadgets. I'm just left to wonder WTF sometimes when I have trouble keeping a cordless phone call in my home, yet I can drive 100 miles and not lose a call on my cell phone.
In any case, this post was far too serious. I need some kind of joke to close this post, like the one about the blind skunk that fell in love with the fart. Dang, I can't think of one.
Ta-ta
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment