Saturday, December 9, 2006

And so a new era begins

So here we are. Actually, here I am. This will become the place where I can write creatively and openly. I can only hope for some readership along the way. I'd eventually like to get into a "question of the day" type forum, where I post one question a day, however serious or trite, and the readers weigh in with answers. That won't work currently, since one important part of the equation -- the readers -- do not yet exist. So for the time being, I guess I'll probably just post on my thoughts for the day, about things I find interesting, or interesting things that happened to me. If you happen to run across this blog and find the reading interesting, let me know. The more feedback I get, the more motivated I'll be to generate interesting content.

So, for the my first post ever, I guess I'll just start rambling about nothing in particular. Why is it at rock concerts, or perhaps concerts in general, people point over their head at the band? There's the one-hand variety (usually when holding a beverage with the other hand), and the two-hand variety. I don't understand this concept. Is it supposed to make the band feel needed, wanted, liked? I would think people just showing up would do that. Anyway, I just don't understand it.

While we're on concerts, let me just say that I don't understand the point of going to a show and putting chemicals in your body to extreme excess. I'm all for having a few beers at a show, loosen myself up, put some swing in my hips. But to drink to the point of knocking people over, or knocking my beverage over, or getting kicked out, or not even being able to remember the concert the next day? Odd behavior, I must say.

Enough interesting things happen to me that I suppose I should share some of them. While this here blog is meant to be a place for randomness and anonymity, if I share enough of my experiences, one day there may be a reader who recognizes them, and realizes who's writing this shmaltz. Should that ever happen, I'd call it a success, since anyone paying attention to it enough to figure out who's writing it would obviously be enjoying themselves.

So the one experience I have to share today is from earlier this week. I went out to see a band. I watched a couple sets and then left to go meet up with some friends. I convinced them to wander back over and catch the last set. We were there for a few drinks and had chatted up the bartender a couple times. I don't recall exactly how the subject came up, but the bartender ended up smacking her own ass. My friends went ape over this, and wanted more, to which she obliged, smacking herself numerous times until proclaiming that it was beginning to hurt. Well, as it stands, it was the first time I or any of them had been to the bar, but apparently, this bartender works there at the same time every week, so my buddies are planning to go back there. I guess the moral of the story is, if you're an attractive female bartender and presented with the idea to smack your own ass while guys are watching, don't automatically shoot the idea down. It could be a lucrative venture. And my advice for the guys is just to continue being pigs, and eventually you'll find a bartender who will smack her own ass for your entertainment. It's a win-win situation.

Thank you, and good night.

No comments: