So have you ever had one of those days where you seemingly come across an interesting story about every five minutes, and just can't wait to tell people all the interesting things that happened? This is SO not one of those days. I'm done with work for the day, and I have nothing even remotely interested on the brain.
About the only thing I can think of that I talked about besides work today was the new Rocky movie. I'm not really a movie-goer, but this is definitely one I'm not going to drag myself to the theater to watch. If I catch it in a couple months on something free, and it's not regarded as the worst movie ever by that time, maybe I'll pay attention to it, but no theater prices.
I haven't even seen any "interesting" people today to discuss. Some days you see the crazy person driving down the street with a grit in one hand and a cell phone in the other, trying to take a left turn from the right lane. Some days you see the fattest person you've ever seen riding a scooter. Some days, you see two teenage kids doing something you know will put one of them in the hospital by the end of the day. Some days, you see the most gorgeous person you've ever seen walking down the sidewalk, and you walk into something because you're not paying attention, and then YOU'RE that person. But alas, none of that today.
The good news is, the next two days present almost perfect situations to find these people. A professional sporting event and a couple of trips to bars to see live music. If nothing else, there's bound to be a couple people trying to dance who have absolutely no rhythm. I be they're doofy white guys. But they'll probably be with hot women. They must have Harleys. Maybe I should get a Harley. But I don't want a Harley. I'm happy with a Honda. Maybe I should trash their Harleys. Nah, they're probably the responsible type who have insurance anyway. And it's probably my own insurance company, so my rates would go up because they had to pay for some doofy white guy's bike repair because some young thug set it on fire and pushed it off a loading dock. God I hate those guys. Especially the young thug.
So in the grand scheme of things, today has been a totally uninteresting day thus far. The only good thing is that I got paid today. I hope no one's relying on this post to brighten his/her day. I gots nuthin'.
To the edge and beyond.
Friday, December 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment