Thursday, December 28, 2006

LOOK, KEO

Wow, totally spaced yesterday. Suddenly at the end of the day, I realized that I had to stop working and get out, pick up some beer for later, and then go for a run. Blog? No. Run, yes. At altitude. Suck.

So, since the last installment, we've only done, what, Christmas? I got a book, some music CDs, the latest installment of Seinfeld on DVD, and a few other miscellaneous items. And no exercise. Man, was I a sloth. I haven't been very good at exercising lately. At the end of August, I did a big triathlon, and then went out hiking in Yellowstone and Glacier. Since then, I did a short triathlon and a half marathon the next month, and just about nothing since. I did go on one long bike ride in November when the weather was still nice, and some mountain biking in October, but for the most part, I've been on a big slide since late August. It's time to get back to it, and this Christmas season was obviously not the start of the next big thing.

I did get to rotate my tires over the long weekend. That was good. Then, I wasn't able to get the pedals off of my road bike because I didn't have the right size hex key for them. That was not good. When I got out here, I had the perfect opportunity to go for a nice bike ride (warm, clean roads), but without my pedals, there wasn't really a chance, as my buddy has LOOK pedals and I have KEO cleats. Oh well, we did go for a run yesterday, and maybe another one today. No more bike possibilities, though, as it got much colder and began to snow.

I got to listen to a bunch of "Ethel" on XM radio over the past few days. It's not quite my choice in music, but some of it's pretty good. The rest I can leave. For the most part, I don't figure I'll ever get satellite radio. My taste in music does not require that I listen to anything besides regular radio. For long road trips, the comedy channels might be nice, but then again, so is my CD selection.

Does anyone care about most of the college football games? Heck, the BCS iced out one of the top 10 teams by virtue of their rule preventing more than two teams from any one conference from getting BCS bowl bids (Wisconsin, by way of Michigan and Ohio State in the Big 10 -- which is currently at 11 teams, btw).

So I get to go to one of the professional football games this weekend that has playoff implications. I've only been to two regular season games before, so it should be a blast, especially since I'll be in one of the luxury boxes. It's for a team/game I don't really care about one way or the other, but it's still professional football.

Anyway, this post had zero for substance, and I know it. But life's not all fun and games. Actually, sometimes it's no fun and games at all. Kind of like Colorado lately, getting mauled with snow three times in two weeks. And it's not even snow season there. Wild.

Drive slow.

No comments: