As a follow-up to yesterday's post about vending machines and gravity, let me just say that I have nothing more to add right now. Actually, I shouldn't even be writing right now, since I don't really have a good lead on where I'm going, and I have no exit strategy. But I know the soonest I'll be able to post again will probably be Wednesday, so I just felt like I had to. Nothing like imposing great expectations upon one's self.
So, here goes. Off the top of my head, I can say that Bryant Gumbel is not a good football announcer. I watched my first NFL Network game last night, and it was a snoozer. Gumbel does nothing to help a bad game. At least Al Michaels will find a way to work in a comment about the point spread. And if he doesn't, John Madden will mumble and stumble trying to talk about butt sweat or a turducken or something. Joe Thiesman will talk about QB mechanics or something, although this year, with Mike Tirico at the helm, Thies' doesn't have to come up with filler anymore. But Gumbel just isn't "it", or doesn't "have it".
I had some of the Miller Chocolate beer the other night, and I was pleasantly surprised. I figured there was no way that I would like the beer, since I'm not really a sweets guy, and don't really enjoy just eating a Hershey bar. Not only that, but I also AM a beer guy, so anything that interferes with beer is usually a bad thing to me. But I decided to try it, and, as I said, I was pleasantly surprised. It's not an overpowering chocolate taste, but it definitely conveys a "milk" chocolate flavor. This is in contrast to Young's Double Chocolate, which conveys a "dark" chocolate flavor. In any case, if you like to experiment with beer a little bit, I'd suggest giving Miller Chocolate a try if given the chance. It's still a dark, rich beer, though, so I was one-and-done, opting for something lighter to follow it up.
It's now raining fairly hard, and the ceiling isn't finished off above me, so it's really loud, almost drowning out the Christmas music. But it makes me realize that the only thing worse than loud Christmas music for the twentieth day in a row is barely-audible Christmas music over the sound of rain. I'd rather just be hearing the whole songs clearly than hearing them cutting in-and-out by virtue of the rain drowning them out.
When I own a company, I'm going to switch music at the holidays as well, but mine will be different. I'm going to play Pantera starting November 16 and lasting to the new year, just to be different. And I'm not going to hire my buddy to run my company, either, since he's told me numerous times that his profession goal is to "run a company into the ground, and run away with millions."
But, alas, I have to wrap it up for today. If you haven't seen the "Dick in a Box" skit/short from SNL last weekend yet, I suggest trying to find it (hopefully the unedited version) on YouTube sooner rather than later. It's a damn hoot. Might even beat Lazy Sunday, which was an older SNL skit/short. I'll likely be back later in the week next week, but no promises.
Don't drink too much eggnog!
Friday, December 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment